The focus of the Individual Rifle Tactics course addresses the need to rapidly and accurately engage targets at 0-100 yards with a semi-automatic rifle or carbine. The course begins with a heavy focus on the fundamentals of marksmanship and basic manipulation of the rifle and progresses to more rapid and accurate target engagements.
Some of the skill sets developed during Individual Rifle Tactics are:
- Manual of arms.
- Zeroing of iron sights and optics.
- Fundamentals of marksmanship.
- Firearm and gear set-up.
- Target discrimination.
- Rifle in home defense.
- Balancing speed and accuracy.
- Rapid manipulation of individual system for reloads, transitions, malfunctions, etc.
- Unconventional shooting positions.
- Single and multiple target engagements.
- Shooting on the move from 0-50 yards.
- Extreme close quarter techniques.
- Emergency transition to the handgun.
- Effective employment of barricades and cover.
Students will learn a self paced shooting program to analyze/self critique performance and grow as a shooter.